Lets get that workout on. It only takes 30 minutes a day. You don’t have to go out and get a gym membership or buy all the nicest equipment to put at your house. You can use just normal daily things. If you are trying to build up strength and muscle it will be a little different for you. You are going to have to use items to add resistance.
Today we are going to focus on using nothing but our body weight. Everything is going to be timed so we aren’t focused on how many reps we are doing. For the first 10 minutes of the 30, we are going to get that warm up on. This is a very important process in the workout. This gets the blood flowing and the muscles ready to function at a high intensity. We do not want any muscular injuries. The warm-up exercises will be in 30-second intervals.
- Jogging in place
- Knee hugs
- High knees
- Heel grabs
- Butt kicks
- Jumping Jacks
- Sumo Squats
- Arm circles front
- Arm circles back
- Feet together straight down
- Wide legs to the right
- Wide legs to the left
- Right calf
- Left Calf
- Right arm across your body
- Left-arm across your body
- Sumo squats
Yes, the times do not add up to 10 min, but there is time for the transition between exercises and time to get ready to get your sexy on. Now it is time to get down to business. Get your mind right. All exercises will be timed. You are to get as many reps in as possible. Try not to stop until you hear the timer go off.
Go hard for 15 minutes! The workout will be three different circuits. You will have a core, upper, and lower. Each circuit will consist of 5 exercises performed for 30 seconds each for two rotations. No rest between each circuit.
Circuit 1: Core
- Planks: On both elbows and toes. Make sure to make a straight line.
- Dead bugs: Lie on your back. Hands and legs in the air. (knees bent at a 90-degree angle.) Alternate Left arm/right leg out and then Right arm/left leg out.
- Vertical leg crunch: Lie on your back with lower back pressed into the floor. Keeping legs straight or crossing legs at ankles, lift feet up. Pull lower back off the floor as you contract abs. Reach legs toward the ceiling with each contraction.
- Flutter kicks: Lie faceup with legs extended, toes pointed, and hands tucked under glutes to support the lower back. Lift both legs a few inches off the floor and alternately kick legs up and down.
Circuit 2: Upper
- Shoulder taps: In the push-up position. With right-hand tap left shoulder and then with left-hand tap right shoulder.
- Plank to push-up: In push-up position. Go down to plank position and then back up to the push-up position
- Incline Push-up: You can use any inclined surface such as a bar, couch, bed, or chair.
- Dips: You can use any inclined surface such as a bar, couch, bed, or chair. Get low as you can.
Circuit 3: Lower
- Squat jumps
- Calf raises
- Lateral lunges
Now you have successfully completed the warm-up and workout, let’s do the final event that people do not do and that is the cool-down. This is to get your heart rate down in the correct manner. You will do the last 8 exercises of the warm up. After it is all complete, don’t forget to eat healthy and stay hydrated. You have to start somewhere, Start here and now. You got this.