April brings about a lot of things: spring, flowers, weather change, and of course, crawfish season. According to 225 Magazine, the 2022 crawfish season is supposed to be one of the best thanks to a warm fall season. The peak season of sales is usually during Holy Week for Easter Sunday crawfish boils. Here are the best places to get crawfish on the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
- Taranto’s in Biloxi has crawfish for $4.49 per pound or $4.29 per pound if buying 10 pounds or more. A platter, which includes corn and potatoes, is $16.39. Open Tuesday through Saturday 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. (closed Sunday and Monday), visit their Facebook page for updated pricing information.
- Crawfish House in Ocean Springs has three-pound platters with corn, potatoes and sausage for $19.95, a combo platter of two pounds of crawfish, a half-pound of shrimp, corn, potatoes and sausage for $19.95, crawfish by the pound for $4.79, as well as live crawfish for $3.29 a pound. Crawfish House also serves soft drinks and beer on tap: Blue Moon, Michelob Ultra, Bud Light, Miller Light, Crooked Heffy, and Coors Light, and Mr. Bill’s sweet tea. Visit their Facebook page for updated pricing information.
- Claw Daddy’s in Gulfport opens at 8 a.m. for live crawfish and the first boil comes out around 11 a.m. on weekdays and 9:30 or 10 a.m. on weekends. Claw Daddy’s is closed on Monday’s only if they are sold out. Boiled crawfish is $4.39 per pound but when you exceed 10 pounds, that prices drops to $3.99 a pound. Learn more at their Facebook page.
- Bozo’s in Pascagoula has crawfish (10 or more) for $2.79 per pound. A three-pound crawfish platter with one corn, potato and sausage is $13.99. Bozo’s is open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. every day of the week. Visit their Facebook page for pricing updates and availability.
- Gill’s Fish Camp Bayou Bar in Ocean Springs has crawfish on Saturdays and Sundays from 12 p.m. until they are sold out. The drive through is open and you can also grab a bushwhacker to go with your crawfish. Reservations can be made to ensure you get some before running out. Gill’s is now taking orders for 10 pounds or more on Fridays (for Saturday pickup) and Saturday (for Sunday pickup). Call 228-697-2350 Friday and Saturday 11:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to place an order. Pricing is available on Fridays. Learn more at their Facebook page.
- Val’s Sports Bar in Ocean Springs has crawfish all you can eat for $30 or $20 a platter. Visit their Facebook page for more information on days and times available.