As we end the last chapter of the year and get ready to close the book on 2022, it’s time to make plans to say goodbye to another year and celebrate the beginning of a brand new chapter in a sparkling new year. There’s no better place to celebrate than in our state. There are many celebrations, parties, and events scheduled throughout the state.
If you haven’t decided yet how you want to celebrate, we’ve got you covered. Here are just a few options to choose from.
The Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Countdown to Noon-2023 at the Lynn Meadows Discovery Center – This is a great way for the little ones that can’t quite make it to midnight to celebrate the new year in fun, creative fashion.
- Party at the Casinos – Each casino will celebrate in their own signature style with plenty of fun, excitement, and Southern hospitality.
- A White House Affair – If you’re looking for an occasion where you can show off your sparkles and shine, the White House Hotel is hosting a little more formal event where you can greet the New Year with a champagne toast and dance the night away.
- New Year’s Eve Oyster Drop and Fireworks in Bay St. Louis – Come join the countdown to 2023 as you watch the Oyster drop and the skies come alive with fireworks.
- Confetti Countdown and Balloon Drop in the Pocket Museum Alley – The little ones can get into celebration mode from 6:30 to 8:00 pm with the fun confetti drop and balloon pop along with the Hub City Sound Machine.
- Midnight on Front Street – There’ll be dancing and dining and lots of fun on Front Street. At midnight, help count down to the new year as the Hub Sign drops and fireworks light up the night.
- Fireworks On the Bluff – The traditional fireworks display over the Mississippi River. You’ll enjoy the breathtaking sight.
- Noon Year’s Eve at the Mississippi Children’s Museum – Children of all ages can join in the celebration without staying up until the wee hours of the night with a balloon pop and a fun wishing rocket send-off!
- New Year’s Eve Glow Party at the Mississippi Museum of Natural Science – The night will light up with this glow-in-the-dark party where visitors can explore the museum after hours, see a live nocturnal animal show, snap special glow-in-the-dark photos and dance the night away until the 1,000 balloon drop tops off the evening’s events.
- New Year’s Eve Sneaker’s Ball – Party goers can ring the new year in wearing their finest attire, topped off with stylish street shoes at the Mississippi Trade Mart.
- New Year’s Eve Celebration in Columbia – Enjoy the beautiful winter wonderland of Experience Columbia while you are treated to a stellar performance by the very talented Chapel Hart. This is sure to be a fun way to kick off the New Year!
These are just a few of the celebrations around the state. Let us know on our Facebook where you’re going to ring in the New Year! Are you have a quiet night with the family at home or joining in the many festivities around Mississippi. No matter how or where you celebrate, may your holiday be safe and filled with lots of fun-filled memories. Happy 2023!