It’s fun to meet friends, take pictures, and grab a beverage before your Mardi Gras ball. Whether you are in costume or gown, here are the best places on the Mississippi Gulf Coast to grab a pre-ball drink.
- Mary Mahoney’s: Go to the bar, and if it’s a nice night, enjoy the courtyard. Start the night off with a glass of bubbly, wine, or a martini. Enjoy the atmosphere of the gorgeous French home and cheers with your friends among one of Biloxi’s most famous venues. Ask for a lemon drop martini or a poinsettia (cranberry juice and champagne.) Those are at least my recommendations. Located at 110 Rue Magnolia in Biloxi.
- The Office: This is a favorite spot to pop in have a few drinks before ubering to the ball. Enjoy their daily happy hour before hitting the dance floor with your friends. Order a Yuengling, glass of wine, or your favorite cocktail. The bartenders here always aim to please. Located at 1000 Government Street in Ocean Springs.
- Patio 44: The bar area is large and has a great selection of signature cocktails. Try the pomegranate kiss (vodka, pomegranate liqueur, and champagne), grab a classic cocktail like a Moscow mule or a Grey Goose martini with blue cheese stuffed olives. Located at 124 Main Street in Biloxi or 1244 24th Avenue in Gulfport.
- Half Shell: Have dessert first! Try the Southern Pecan old fashioned, which is described as a classic old fashioned meeting a New Orleans praline. The handcrafted cocktail features Woodford Personal Select Bourbon paired with praline pecan liquor and brown sugar simple syrup. The finishing touches are the garnishes of an orange twist and luxardo cherry. Half Shell also has daily happy hour specials (not including the Hard Rock Half Shell) Located at 125 Lameuse Street in Biloxi and 2500 13th Street #1 in Gulfport.
- Martini’s: Grab a Mick Jagger (dirty martini made with gin or vodka, olive juice and your choice of olive) or an Alice Cooper (Absolut pepper, Zing Zang, celery salted rim) to get the night’s festivities started. Martini’s also serves wine and beer. Located at 918 Howard Ave Suite A in Biloxi.
- Boho Biloxi Social House Wine + Cheese: Stop by Boho and try the Rose flight before the ball. Boho is a new trendy wine bar located in downtown Biloxi. Offering wine and bubbly flights, made to order charcuterie, small plates, and specials daily. If your ball is on a Friday night, be sure to catch happy hour from 4 to 6 p.m. $4 house wine, and $10 bottomless mimosas will surely put you in the dancing mood for after the tableau and the real party begins! Located at 871 Howard Avenue Suite C in Biloxi.