The City of Pascagoula called for votes, and the people answered.
In February, the city launched the “Best of Pascagoula” program asking for nominations in 30 categories of things to see and do in Pascagoula.
The goal of the program is to bring awareness to the city’s community assets.
The voting closed on March 24, and the winners have been announced.
- Best Art Gallery: River Art Gallery
- Best Community Event or Festival: Zonta
- Best Landmark or Local Attraction: Bozo’s Seafood Market & Deli
- Best Free Kid’s Activity: Movie Night Under the Stars
- Best Park: Beach Park
- Best Place to Fish/Crab/Flounder: Beach Park Fishing Pier
- Best Place to Take Out of Town Guests: Bozo’s Seafood Market & Deli
- Best Project you’d like to see happen in Pascagoula: More Restaurants
- Best Reason to Live in Pascagoula: Coast Life
- Best Thing Pascagoula Needs: Movie Theater
- Best Trail: Beach Boulevard
- Best View: Beach
- Best Volunteer Opportunity: Coastal Cleanup
- Best Breakfast: Sarah Sue’s
- Best Family Dinner: Cornerstone
- Best Lunch Place: Bozo’s Seafood Market & Deli
- Best Buffet: Jerry Lee’s Grocery & Deli
- Best Burger: Edd’s Drive In
- Best Po-Boy: Bozo’s Seafood Market & Deli
- Best Sweet Treat: Anderson’s Bakery
- Best Seafood Place: Bozo’s Seafood Market & Deli
- Best Pizza: New York Pizza
- Best Tamales: La Fiesta Brava
- Best Sandwich Shop: Lenny’s Sub Shop
- Best Healthy Option: Nura Juice
- Best Place to Hear Live Music: Jack’s By the Tracks
- Best Cocktail or Drink: Jack’s By the Tracks
- Best Beer Selection: Jack’s By the Tracks
- Best Liquor Store: Liquors Unlimited
- Best Place to Meet After Work: Jack’s By the Tracks
Awards will be presented to the winners at the City Council Meeting held April 4.