The City of Pascagoula has seen a lot of progress in the downtown area. A new year brings the excitement of new projects. Several new development projects are scheduled to begin in 2022:
- 3109 Pascagoula St: The building that extends down Watts Avenue will be converted into four apartments and an interior event space. There will be two retail spaces facing Pascagoula Street. One of those spaces is White Pelican, an interior design store that will sell furniture, home goods, clothing, gifts, and accessories.
- District Flats: The beautiful brick building featuring a courtyard at 3112 Canty Street will be renovated into six apartment units and office space.
- Delo’s on Delmas: Delores Nettles will open a coffee shop at 703 Delmas Avenue – Delo’s on Delmas. The building will also feature four apartment units and additional commercial space.
- 720/722 Delmas: This is a mixed-use project consisting of the construction of three apartment units and commercial space facing Delmas Avenue.
- Hotel Whiskey: A boutique hotel will be built on the corner lot at Delmas Avenue and Canty Street. The Development will include a mix of hotel and apartment units, a pool, and two retail spaces facing Delmas.
“We are seeing tremendous growth in downtown Pascagoula and we look forward to the start of these exciting projects,” said City Manager Michael Silverman. “Projects like these could not take place without the help of the legislature and I would like to thank Representative Charles Busby and Senator Brice Wiggins who continue to advocate for and bring results to Pascagoula.”
During the 2021 legislative session, the legislature allocated $7.4 million to the Pascagoula Redevelopment Authority for downtown development. $3 million was allocated through Gulf Coast Restoration Funds. An additional $4.4 million was allocated through a bond, which was recently released to the PRA. That money is helping fund many of the projects listed above.
While new downtown projects are beginning, a few are nearing completion. City Centre is scheduled to be completed in the spring and will feature 28 apartment units, a rooftop bar, a coffee shop, Workspot services, and the corporate offices of Baber Strunk Enterprises. Construction on 9 new townhomes on the riverfront is moving swiftly. These townhomes will be available for rent through Elliott Homes. Construction on 5 new apartments at the Odd Fellows building on Krebs Avenue is complete and all five units are rented. Build-out downstairs for Kitchen Sisters, a meal-prep commercial kitchen, is nearing completion.