Summer is heating up as we near Independence Day, with plenty of festivities taking place across south Mississippi. From grand celebrations to fireworks in the park, there are plenty of events to check out this July 4th.
- Ocean Springs – Hosted by the city, the festivities will kick off on Friday, June 30 at 6 p.m. on Front Beach as Dr. Zarr’s Amazing Funk Monster band performs, with fireworks lighting up the sky at 9 p.m.
- Long Beach – On Saturday, July 1, you’re invited to the Long Beach Fourth of July Jubilee. The celebration begins at 10 a.m. with a festival on the Town Green. The Fourth of July parade rolls at 1 p.m., and there will be live music and lots of food trucks and dining delicacies that are sure to please. The evening wraps up with a rousing fireworks show at 8 p.m.
- Diamondhead – The party kicks off on Saturday, July 1 at 5 p.m. in Diamondhead. You’ll enjoy great music, food, drinks, alcohol, and snow cones. Bring your picnic blanket and your family for a day filled with fun and an evening highlighted by a fabulous fireworks show.
- Bay St. Louis – You’re invited to the Silver Slipper Fireworks on the Beach on Saturday, July 1 at 9 p.m. at the Silver Slipper Casino near Bay St. Louis. Lighting Up Da Bay Fireworks Show is also scheduled for Saturday at the Oyster Bayou on the Jourdan River. The skies will light up at 8:30 p.m.
- Biloxi – On Monday, July 3, come cheer on these two Magnolia State teams as the Biloxi Shuckers take on the Mississippi Braves at MGM Park. After the game, guests will be treated to the biggest fireworks show of the season. On Tuesday, July 4, the skies of Biloxi will light up again as fireworks will be shot between the Hard Rock and Golden Nugget casinos starting at about 9 p.m. The fireworks-free zone will be on the beach from the Small Craft Harbor and Oak Street. This is the area where spectators can’t shoot their own fireworks.
- Biloxi Schooner Sail – Make it a memorable Fourth of July with a lovely ride on the Biloxi Schooner underneath a star-filled sky filled with bursts of lights and fireworks as we celebrate the nation’s birthday. The boat sets sail at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, and tickets are $40 for adults and $20 for kids aged 3-12.
- Gulfport – On the Fourth of July at Jones Park in Gulfport, The Kiln Billys will hit the stage after the Mississippi Deep Sea Fishing Rodeo from 3:45-5 p.m.. Fireworks will light up the coast in Gulfport at 9 p.m. If you would like an unforgettable location to view the fireworks, set sail aboard the Ship Island Excursions to watch as the fireworks cascade over the water on a Fireworks Cruise with this lovely sailing company family. There will also be music and a full bar.
- Pascagoula – Make your way to Pascagoula Beach Park for a Fourth of July Extravaganza on Tuesday at 8:45 as fireworks will fill the air and will be accompanied by patriotic music in sync with Magic 93.7.
- Laurel – Join the City Beautiful for Fireworks, Food Trucks, and Fun at The Remnant in Laurel on July 3. The Remnant will have extended hours, and there will be lots of food trucks with plenty of delicious dinner and dessert selections. At 9:15 p.m., you’ll be treated to a spectacular fireworks show in the Sawmill Square parking lot.
- Picayune – Make your plans for the 2nd Annual Independence Day Festival in Picayune. All the fun is happening at Friendship Park. There will be fireworks, food, a fun kids zone, lots of live music, and a very fun golf cart parade. Don’t miss out on this All-American good time.
- Hattiesburg – The Star-Spangled Celebration on the River 2023 is hosted by the cities of Hattiesburg and Petal on July 3. For a magnificent celebration worthy of America’s birthday, there will be lots of family-friendly events, festivities, music, and lots of great food trucks at Chain Park at Twin Forks on Highway 11. There will be a breathtaking fireworks display over Leaf River in Forrest County. There are lots of great music and fun scheduled to take place at Chain Park in Hattiesburg and Petal River Park in Petal.
These are just a few of the fantastic Fourth of July events planned to celebrate our American pride. Make your plans to attend one of the many holiday celebrations scheduled around the state and have a star-spangled good time!