Fete La Pointe is a semi-formal event whose proceeds directly support the continued renovation and maintenance of the La Pointe – Krebs House. It is the oldest standing structure in the entire MS Valley. It not only is the roots of thousands of Gulf Coast residents, but also a place for today’s children to learn about and be proud of their local history.
Local fourth graders from Pascagoula, Gautier and Moss Point) visit in the fall and spring, for field trips. All docents of the House and Museum are volunteers as are all the committee members for Fete La Pointe and Cattails & Cocktails (Spring Drawdown). With the support of the Jackson County Genealogical Society, which is also nonprofit, we are able to forge ahead with the putting and keeping LPK House and Museum “on the map.”
This year’s event will be held Aug. 17 at 6 p.m. at the Hilton Garden Inn in Pascagoula. Tickets are $60 a person. Tickets are available at the LPK Museum or the Jackson County Chamber of Commerce.
Fete La Pointe is customarily a three to four-hour event that includes:
- Two entree buffet w/dessert & petit fours from cake/pastry pull
- Complimentary wine glass or two for dinner
- Chance to win one of three door prizes
- Entertainment (this year’s focus is six local legends – skits, poems & song)
- Guest Speaker/Honored Guests (this year is MS House Rep-Charles Busby & French Consul to MS – Keltoum Rowland)
- Cocktail Hour from 6-7 is a cash bar, which also remains open during the remainder of the evening.
- Opportunity to purchase cake/pastry pull tickets (chance to win black iridescent pearl necklace)
Dress is Black Tie Optional/Cocktail Attire
- Men may wear a tux, suit, dress pants, shirt, tie & jacket – NO KHAKIS OR JEANS
- Ladies may wear long evening gowns, short cocktail gown/dress or dress pantsuit
You can find more information on this year’s event on Facebook.