The Mississippi Main Street Association is proud to award eight scholarships for the 2021 Main Street Now Online Conference that will be held on April 12-14. Directors of designated Main Street Communities were invited to apply for the scholarships.
“MMSA is proud to award these eight communities with scholarships to attend the national conference this year,” said Thomas Gregory, MMSA State Coordinator. “Seven of the eight recipients have never attended the national conference before. With this year’s conference being virtual, MMSA had the opportunity to offer scholarships for the first time. We hope to offer more educational scholarships for our local program directors in the future.”
Selection was based on program budget, community population, geography, and prior attendance, with priority given to smaller programs, smaller budgets, and directors who had not attended the Main Street Now conference previously.
The following Designated Main Street Communities were awarded conference scholarships:
- Booneville – Lori Tucker, Director
- Hernando – Sibonie Swatzyna, Director
- Kosciusko – Leah Robinson, Director
- Nettleton – Dana Burcham, Director
- Okolona – Lasonja Ivy, Director
- Pascagoula – Rebecca Davis, Director
- Picayune – Reba Beebe, Director
- Pontotoc County – Beth Waldo, Director