Fall is on the way. Not only is the weather beautiful, but fall food is on its way back on to our plates!
Fireball Whisky Pumpkin Pie
Everyone's favorite cinnamon-flavored booze can be used as the cinnamon flavoring for pumpkin pie. You can also cook this pie on a BBQ pit grill, giving the pie a distinctive smokey flavor and highlighting the Fireball even more!
1. Bring grill temperature up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Follow directions on package of frozen pie crusts.
3. Using a fork, poke small holes all around pie crust.
4. Place pie crusts on grill opposite hot coals for 15-20 minutes. Cover grill.
5. Be sure to follow cooking times on the package of your frozen pie crusts.
6. Remove crusts from grill and reduce heat to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
7. Crack eggs and put in a mixing bowl.
8. Whisk and combine sugar, salt, ground ginger, ground cloves, pure pumpkin, evaporated milk, and cinnamon whiskey.
9. Thoroughly mix ingredients.
10. Pour mixture to the top of each pie crust.
11. Grill temperature should be 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
12. Place pies on grill opposite hot coals.
13. Cover grill and cook for 25-30 minutes.
14. After 25-30 minutes, remove cover and rotate pies a half turn for even cooking.
15. Cover grill and cook for another 20-25 minutes.
16. Remove cover and check pies for doneness. Place a tooth pick into center of each pie and remove. If they come out clean, pies are done. If the pie sticks to toothpick they are not done. Continue cooking until you get a clean toothpick. If you don’t have a toothpick, use your Old Hickory knife to check.
17. Set pies on cooling rack to cool down.
18. Cut pies for serving.
19. Top with whipped cream.
20. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!