Christmas is a time of magic, enchantment, and love, especially on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, and what better way to show your affection to your loved one than the perfect gift or even better take them on a special date that he or she will never forget. Are you stumped by what special date to take your beloved on? You could take some advice from a classic Christmas song “The 12 Days of Christmas,” but who would really want a partridge in a pear tree? Now, the five golden rings might be a hit, but you don’t have to worry. We’ve got you covered.
Here are our suggestions for “The 12 Dates of Christmas.”
- The Annual Lighthouse Holiday Lighting in Biloxi (December 1): Take a stroll with your sweetie on the beach and see the historic lighthouse come alive with Christmas cheer. Keep a close eye out. You just might see a special visitor in red atop the lighthouse.
- Explore “Downtown for the Holidays” (December 2): Take a carriage ride through Pascagoula and enjoy the city’s 41st Annual City of Pascagoula Tree Lighting and Parade. Enjoy the downtown shops, local vendors, restaurants, and performances.
- Enjoy the 37th Annual Christmas in the Pass (December 2, from 4-6 p.m.): Take in the parade at 6 p.m., the lighting of the Town Christmas Tree at 6:45 p.m., enjoy the Christmas concert from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., watch the holiday fireworks at 8:30, and listen to the Waylon Thibodeaux Cajun Band. Stop by WhoVille to visit Santa and the Grinch and browse the food and arts and crafts vendors.
- Come Hobnob for the Holidays at “Sounds of the Holiday” (December 2-3, from 7-9 p.m.): After taking a seven year break, the show that brought in the holidays for more than 27 years returns. The Coast Big Band and local celebrities will have you and your sweetheart singing along.
- 18th Annual Christmas in the City (December 3, 10 am to 4 p.m.): Explore and shop in the beautiful city of Biloxi, shop at the arts and crafts vendors, make sure you tell Santa your Christmas wish, and enjoy fine dining.
- ChristmasFEST 2022 in Gulfport (December 3, 9 a.m. to 3 pm.): Visit the Mississippi Mercantile Co., and enjoy the beautiful craftmanship of so many talented artists and delight in some delicious food.
- The Annual Snowflakes and Sugarplum Festival in downtown Bay St. Louis (December 3, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.): Catch the Christmas parade, get a cute picture with Santa as a reminder of your special day, and enjoy live Christmas music and the H & H Express Train. Stroll hand in hand under the beautiful snowflakes of the Bay.
- The Annual Christmas on the Water Boat Parade (December 3, 6 p.m.): Boats decked out in their holiday best will parade between the Biloxi Small Craft Harbor and Casino Row, ending with a fabulous fireworks display.
- The 2022 Christmas on the Bayou Boat Parade (December 10 starting at 6 p.m.): Enjoy the beautifully lit and decorated boats beginning at Gulfport lake as they cruise down the Bayou Bernard Boating Club and watch the skies come alive with beautiful fireworks.
- The Nutcracker at the Beau Rivage Resort and Casino (December 10-11, with shows at 3 p.m. and 7 p.m.): This Christmas traditional performance will be the perfect date night for you and your loved one.
- “Finding Christmas” at the Beau Rivage Resort and Casino (December 15-26 with various show times for you to choose from): It is always a world-class performance every Christmas at the Beau. You’ll earn extra points with your sweetie as you enjoy the uplifting storyline orchestrated to the perfect mix of holiday music. Jack Frost serves as host as he joins the man of the hour himself Santa, on this wonderous journey as the Beau brings its own Christmas gift to guests.
- Gulfport Harbor Lights Winter Festival (The fest lasts the whole month of December): You’ll be enchanted by the over 1,200,000 lights covering Jones Park in beautiful displays that you can enjoy as a walking tour or aboard a free heated trolley. Enjoy the music, fun, magic, and lights that will be wonderful moment to cherish.
These are just a few ideas that made our list of “The 12 Dates of Christmas,” and hopefully, there are a few ideas to spark your imagination to make the season bright for you and your loved one. If you’re not into the crowds and would like to create a memorable holiday delight for your true love, what could be more romantic than a picnic on the beach, giving you the perfect reason for snuggling up and enjoying the beautiful stars above the Gulf. Add in a few snacks, some chocolate, and hot cocoa with lots of marshmallows, and you’ve got a Christmas date that you’ll never forget. May your holiday season be filled with lots of love and magic.