Wedding season is here, and if you’ve found the love of your life but you just need to pop the question, we’ve got you covered. There are plenty of romantic places across Mississippi that serve as perfect engagement spots. Here are the “Top 10 Engament Spots in Mississippi.”
- A Sunset Cruise – Set sail on a Sunset Cocktail Cruise with the Ship Island Excursions and drop to a knee as you ask the question of a lifetime with the gorgeous golden orange sky as your backdrop. It will be an engagement you’ll both cherish for a lifetime.
- A Horse-Drawn Carriage Ride through Historic Natchez – On the sun-dappled roads among the lush verdant trees and colorful flowering azaleas, take your true love on a picturesque carriage ride through the beautiful historic town of Natchez and pop the big question
- A Trip Down the Natchez Trace – Under the canopy of sheltering, ancient trees, propose to your true love on the historic and scenic Natchez Trace. You couldn’t ask for a more timeless Mississippi location.
- A Mississippi River Steamboat Cruise – Journey back in time along the Mighty Mississippi on a classic paddle-wheel steamboat. In this enchanting trip with a majestic view of the gorgeous Mississippi skylines, bring out that diamond to propose to the jewel in your life.
- Pierce Castle in Decateur – For the princess in your life, make this special day a royal memory that you will both treasure forever. Amid the beautiful towering spires of the magical Pierce Castle, this is the perfect place to begin your “happily ever after.”
- Visit the Mystical Waterfall at Dunn’s Falls – Nestled amid the historic hills of Enterprise, the 65-foot glistening waterfall will create a memorable and timeless backdrop for you to proclaim your love and ask your loved one to be yours forever.
- The Antebellum Mansions in Natchez and Vicksburg – Take your Southern belle on a truly enchanting trip to any of the beautiful historic mansions in Natchez or Vicksburg. On bended knee from the gazebo of Rosalie Mansion in Natchez or in the shadows of Anchuca Mansion, Vicksburg’s first columned mansion, or any of the elegant antebellum mansions in Mississippi, you’ll create a gallant engagement proposal that will harken back to days of Southern lore among these hallowed, historic grounds.
- Wister Gardens in Belzoni – When you’re planning for your own fairy tale story, begin your “Once upon a time” at the “fairyland of gardens” at Wister Gardens. Amongst the 14 acres of truly breathtakingly beautiful flowers, trees, and shrubs, this Delta garden developed in the early 1900s will be the perfect location for that enchanting engagement party.
- The Beautiful Beaches of the Gulf Coast – The Mississippi Gulf Coast offers 62 miles of sparkling sandy beaches that are perfect for that timeless moment to begin your lives together. As the soothing waves of the Gulf of Mexico crash upon the beautiful beaches of the Gulf Coast, you’ll find yourself inside your very romance movie as you drop to one knee to ask for your true love’s hand in marriage.
- Mynelle Gardens in Jackson – For a proposal straight from the pages of your own fairy tale dreams, you can propose in a truly enchanting spot amid the gorgeous wonderland of botanical beauty, featuring lovely flowers and blooming bushes in this haven for songbirds and local wildlife. You’ll swear you’ve stepped into your own version of a Disney classic.
A few bonus ideas include: Tupelo at the Elvis Birthplace, one of Mississippi’s 25 state parks, Natchez Balloon Fesitval, or a college sporting event.